Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Harmonica Organizations & Events / Re: Zoom Meeting
« Last post by wolfman on Today at 12:25:12 PM »
  Pretty 😎 Doug!🇺🇸

Roman
« Last post by brorat on Today at 11:53:52 AM »
I will likely not be back in time for the Zoom today.  My loss!

This morning, Janet and I went out and put American flags on the curb around our entire neighborhood.  It's about 100 or so flags.  We do this every Memorial Day weekend, Independence Day, and Veterans Day.

Our neighborhood is PROUDLY PATRIOTIC!

For those members in the US, when Monday rolls around, take time to remember and be thankful for all those who have given their lives in the service of our country to protect the rights of all of us.
« Last post by Age on Today at 09:13:15 AM »
Don't forget: ZOOMER today at 4:00 EST
https://us06web.zoom.us/j/85493760547?pwd=S29sRzAvWkJYKzI3ZFc5dEs1c1BpZz09
Password is: 123
BanterMeister / Re: Pellet and BB guns
« Last post by Age on May 21, 2024, 04:11:30 PM »
Yeah, Ive used those in that big 9.5 lb. Hatsan of mine. (the one I brought to Danny's party) They're a pretty wicked projectile. (You can ask all the dead woodchucks around here ::)) Best shot so far with that round was 93 yards. (that was a stupid shot that I'll probably never do again with a break barrel air rifle)

Another neat trick is to superglue a BB in one or both ends of a .22 hollow-point pellet. I'm not sure how well the seals in that big break-barrel Hatsan like the two BB jobs, but they fly a bit slower and hit like a train! :o Mwoaaahahaha! ;D
Maintenance & Repair 101 / Re: Wheel bearing grease
« Last post by servus on May 21, 2024, 12:24:10 PM »
I use Hetman Lubricant 13 on slides - in small amounts. I even use it on the magnet spring of my Seydel Symphony. Again just a little bit and only occasionally. I like the magnet spring. You just have to be careful not to get near it when you're not using it. Otherwise it muffles sounds.

PJ
YouTubeMeister / Re: Ain’t Misbehavin’
« Last post by brorat on May 21, 2024, 11:05:56 AM »
Boy that's the real thing. Smooth, nicely phrased - and those improvs...wow. I always wonder how you guys get em down like that.

PJ

Thanks PJ.
YouTubeMeister / Re: Ain’t Misbehavin’
« Last post by servus on May 21, 2024, 10:48:33 AM »
Boy that's the real thing. Smooth, nicely phrased - and those improvs...wow. I always wonder how you guys get em down like that.

PJ
Maintenance & Repair 101 / Re: 0.001 inch shim stock from Anti-Theft device
« Last post by brorat on May 21, 2024, 10:32:25 AM »
Amazon sounds great. Also had little problem with ebay. Something arrived last week that was definitely not as good as advertised. I started the return process, got a refund to my PayPal account. Because the dollar value was so low, about $5, seller didn't not want to be bothered by my returning it

I use Amazon for pretty much everything from batteries to underwear ;)  Every once in a while I'll buy something (like a golf glove for my grandson) that doesn't work out, and I initiate a return.  There have been a half dozen times over the years that they give me a refund and just tell me to keep the item.

I usually check multiple places for pricing, but on average Amazon is right with the lowest.  The things that push me that way are the free shipping (with Prime, which my wife and I more than recoup!), easy returns, fast refunds, Prime video for movies, series, and documentaries, and easy finding and re-ordering of stuff I've liked.  Convenience and time are worth a few pennies to me.

Initially, I hesitated to use Amazon because of the impact on local "mom and pop" stores.  With more thought, I realized that mom and pop can sell through Amazon! ;D
I always look first in eBay, because I think the prices are lower there. EBay gives many, many choices. Sometimes an overwhelming number of choices, but I can sort through them.
Amazon sounds great. Also had little problem with ebay. Something arrived last week that was definitely not as good as advertised. I started the return process, got a refund to my PayPal account. Because the dollar value was so low, about $5, seller didn't not want to be bothered by my returning it
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10