Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10
Harmonica Organizations & Events / Re: SlideMeister ZOOM Meetings
« Last post by brorat on February 05, 2024, 09:50:30 AM »
I'm gonna be out of town this Thursday (2/8), so I won't be able to Zoom this week.  Hope there's a big crowd and I hope everyone has a great time!
See you soon.
Maintenance & Repair 101 / Easttop Service & Repairs - UK
« Last post by Laina on February 05, 2024, 03:46:28 AM »
Great news for anyone over the pond needing a fix for their Easttop. Engineering guru John Cook is now an Official Service centre.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid02En4aoFeWHkHhZMfAgGiTgYMwG4gC8xPn3T7xo3CuAFyHAPpdMsxCFaA5AUtZJ6WKl&id=100034847546628

(John supports overseas customers on other brands & specials like Harmonetta).

http://www.johncookharmonicas.com
GENERAL CHROMATIC DISCUSSION / Re: First chromatic harmonica question
« Last post by Ed McCullough on February 04, 2024, 10:53:21 PM »
That woman finally gave her honest answer that she can't or won't take the time to learn chromatic harmonica. That's okay. Plenty of things I can't or won't take the time to do, even though it would be great to do them. This woman is no longer a prospect. Thanks to a couple of you who were willing to discount a price on a Swan for her.
BanterMeister / Re: JUst for fun
« Last post by Age on February 04, 2024, 02:28:59 PM »
I'm a very "audio based" guy. I've always been fascinated with creative voices. When I wuzza kid, my favorite guests on TV shows were the ones who did impressions or were good at dialects and stuff, so it's no mystery that I grew up doing (or at least trying to do) the same.

So I guess I'm a life-long "voice study person," and as such, I've noticed that up to the fifties, people in general, especially radio announcers, movie newsreel guys, and news reporters all had higher pitched voices, but most popular male vocalists had deeper voices; pretty much the opposite of what we have today. All the women singers back then, sounded like Betty Boop and all the guys sounded like Vaughn Monroe. Today, it's kinda turned around. Just a thought. :P
« Last post by grstatdoc on February 04, 2024, 02:00:59 PM »
I can't tell you anything about Slow Tailor or Bounce. I still enjoy P. D. Q. Bach.
R.I.P Peter Schickele...I enjoyed listening to his stuff, too.
« Last post by brorat on February 04, 2024, 08:52:16 AM »
I think in every generation there has been good music, great music, and trash music!  When I was a teenager, my dad thought the stuff I listened to was garbage!  When I go back and listen, there's some of it that he was right about ... but not all of it.  Look at some of the beautiful songs that have come from the Beatles!
We all have our preferences.  As I have gotten into playing the chromatic harmonica, I have migrated to jazz standards from ... say, the 1920's through the 1950's.  Some really good music!  I'm really not as knowledgeable about current music cuz I don't listen to a lot of it.  But ... I dare say that 50 years from now there will be some of it that's the favorite of the 2070's old folks!
BanterMeister / Re: Just a bit proud
« Last post by brorat on February 04, 2024, 08:40:18 AM »
That is a winner. Everybody in that gymnasium heard something special. Some people who were there will talk about that 60 years from now.

Thanks Ed.  I'm passing that on to my grand daughter!
BanterMeister / P. D. Q. Bach
« Last post by Ed McCullough on February 04, 2024, 01:53:19 AM »
Look for these in youtube.com.
Konzertstick for Two Violins MIT Orchestra.

P. D. Q. Bach in Houston: We Have a Problem (Full)
BanterMeister / Re: Just a bit proud
« Last post by Ed McCullough on February 04, 2024, 01:46:20 AM »
That is a winner. Everybody in that gymnasium heard something special. Some people who were there will talk about that 60 years from now.
« Last post by Ed McCullough on February 04, 2024, 01:07:54 AM »
I can't tell you anything about Slow Tailor or Bounce. I still enjoy P. D. Q. Bach.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10