Author Topic: Tuning Record Sheet  (Read 251 times)

Offline brorat

• PRESIDENT'S CLUB
  • Chrome-Meister
Tuning Record Sheet
« on: April 25, 2022, 09:49:07 AM »
I feel certain that something similar has already been posted, but ... just in case!
I was messing around with some tuning work on a 12-hole, C, crossed-tuned instrument.  I put this little sheet together to assist me in knowing what the tuning was prior to my work and after.  Just a little record to keep me straight!
I put the "before" cents in the box for draw/blow (D, B) for reeds, as I measured the tuning prior to my work.  Then I put the "after" cents in the appropriate box when my work was done.  Figure I can keep a bit of a record for the work this way. 
It's a pdf, so use it if you'd like!
« Last Edit: April 25, 2022, 09:52:19 AM by brorat »
“Just here to harp on chromatics!”

Offline SlideMeister

• Owner/Administrator
  • MonsterMeister
  • A.J. Fedor ><((((º>
    • A.J.'s mini-site
Re: Tuning Record Sheet
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2022, 12:31:31 PM »
That actually look pretty handy :)

Offline blowharp

• HELPER
  • Chrome-Tributor
Re: Tuning Record Sheet
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2022, 07:56:53 PM »
Unless one is good at NOT manipulating the tuner it won't be helpful. It's easy to play it sharp or flat of the actual pitch because the mind want to control the readout. I've tuned 10's of thousands of reeds over the past 23 years. All you really need to do is find the A44- pitch the harmonica was originally tuned to then go from there. Since chromatics are tuned Equal temp you just need to know the factory setting.
It can be tricky with Hohner 64's as they can swing as much as A445 to A449 across the same harp. This is done for classical players. I just retune everything down to A442 which makes it sound less harsh for the player overall.  :)

mike
www.CustomChromatics.com