Author Topic: sheet music  (Read 2252 times)

Offline Danny G

• Happiness is a New Harmonica
  • THE PARTY GUY
  • MonsterMeister
  • Danny G
    • New Harmonica
Re: sheet music
« Reply #30 on: January 09, 2022, 11:01:25 AM »
Any luck Grizz ?

Offline Grizzly

• HELPER
  • MonsterMeister
  • aka Tom
    • Transcriptions
« Reply #31 on: January 09, 2022, 12:00:44 PM »
Any luck Grizz ?
Yeah, when I Googled it and found the URL there.

T
working on my second 10,000!

Online Ed McCullough

• CONTRIBUTOR
  • Chrome-Meister
« Reply #32 on: January 09, 2022, 02:32:05 PM »
Printing   Franz Schubert's Sonata for Arpeggione

-It appears that I found the sheet music by reaching into the intenet through  IMSLP.org    .
My computer's search history shows these:
https://onesearch.library.rice.edu/discovery/search?query=any,contains,Schubert%20arpeggione&tab=Everything&search_scope=MyInst_and_CI&vid=01RICE_INST:RICE&offset=20
---------  That is Rice University's   Fondren Library which has sheet music.   Maybe I found the sheet music in the links in the library's catalog.

Here is the web page from which I downloaded the PDF file containing Schubert's Arpeggione Sonata.
https://musopen.org/music/7256-arpeggione-sonata-d-821/     

PLEASE tell me how I got to that web page. I was scrambling last night and I do not know the path.   I do not know what musopen.org/music is, but I just wrote it down and taped it to my wall.

Remember our discontent over Microsoft and other companies rearranging and renaming parts of their screen pages?  I am using Windows 7 and Brave in this computer.   I hadn't known until the last couple days how to find the "History" in my current computer configuration. Please help me with this problem: When I look at my browsing history with Winidows 7 and Brave, the "History" feature shows only about 8 lines of information. When I used "History" in other computers in past years, History showed an endless list of web pages I had visited. How can I get Windows 7 and Brave to show an endless list of websites I have recently seen?   

-Yeah, I have a Windows 10  computer, which I use when I order anything through the internet, but I keep using my Windows 7 computer because I know where to find things in it.    AND yesterday an "update" to my Windows 10 computer offered a free upgrade to Windows  11.  As the sergeant in the Beatle Baily comic strip used to say, "&#@%%&=%". I am certain that Microsoft again simultaneously renamed and rearranged the screens and components of Windows operating system.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2022, 03:07:25 PM by Ed McCullough »

Offline Grizzly

• HELPER
  • MonsterMeister
  • aka Tom
    • Transcriptions
« Reply #33 on: January 09, 2022, 02:44:26 PM »
On my Mac, there is a prompt at the bottom saying "show full history." Look for something similar.

Tom

Online Ed McCullough

• CONTRIBUTOR
  • Chrome-Meister
« Reply #34 on: January 09, 2022, 03:09:25 PM »
Grizzly,
   Does that prompt at the bottom of your screen come from Brave, or does it come from the Macintosh operating system?

Offline Grizzly

• HELPER
  • MonsterMeister
  • aka Tom
    • Transcriptions
« Reply #35 on: January 09, 2022, 03:37:20 PM »
Mac OS? Im on Chrome, where I get the history.

Here's a link from IMSLP Arpeggio for guitar and flute, just the flute part:

https://s9.imslp.org/files/imglnks/usimg/f/fb/IMSLP335800-PMLP39828-Schubert_Arpeggione_Sonate_for_flute_and_guitar,_arr._Ming-Jui_Liu_Flute_Part.pdf

Good if you don't want the accompaniment.

Tom

Online Ed McCullough

• CONTRIBUTOR
  • Chrome-Meister
« Reply #36 on: January 11, 2022, 11:56:46 AM »
GRizzley

Thank you for providing the solo line by itself. In addition to being by itself, the print is large.  YOu saved me hours and hours of work.

This music is almost playable. Even the sections that I thought would be miserably wicked will actually be playable after I practice a bit.

Online Gnarly He Man

• AKA Gary
  • HELPER
  • MonsterMeister
  • Chroma means color
« Reply #37 on: January 14, 2022, 12:31:54 AM »
When someone else says "buying music", they mean paying for electronic files of recorded music, CDs or LPs. When I buy music, I get the stuff on paper. Then I have music. Posted by: Ed McCullough

Although you have to print it yourself, my favorite online source for printed sheet music is nusucnotes.com
Recorded music, wherever I find it.
Clerical error, it's Musicnotes.com
Thanks Danny

Offline Danny G

• Happiness is a New Harmonica
  • THE PARTY GUY
  • MonsterMeister
  • Danny G
    • New Harmonica
« Reply #38 on: January 14, 2022, 08:45:57 AM »
Thanks Gary

Online Gnarly He Man

• AKA Gary
  • HELPER
  • MonsterMeister
  • Chroma means color
« Reply #39 on: January 14, 2022, 10:44:54 AM »
Thanks Gary
Not to find fault, but to promote understanding.
Many thanks to you for your generous contributions to our tribe.

Offline brorat

• PRESIDENT'S CLUB
  • Chrome-Meister
« Reply #40 on: January 14, 2022, 11:52:32 AM »
Thanks Gary
Not to find fault, but to promote understanding.
Many thanks to you for your generous contributions to our tribe.

Hey Gary, did you ever consider going into politics?? ;) ;)
“Just here to harp on chromatics!”

Offline grstatdoc

• Statistician - Musician
  • V.I.P
  • Chrome-Tributor
  • Classicist on a very long peninsula
« Reply #41 on: January 21, 2022, 09:16:56 PM »
CDPL.org seems to be interesting.  Thanks!
No, I'm not George Miklas (I was tickled to find out he plays tuba as well)
(actually, I wouldn't make it as a stunt double either...the pic is from my birthday last year)
« Last Edit: January 21, 2022, 09:23:03 PM by grstatdoc »
Mike Dean
Harmonica and tuba: tough to make ends "meet"

Online Gnarly He Man

• AKA Gary
  • HELPER
  • MonsterMeister
  • Chroma means color
« Reply #42 on: January 21, 2022, 09:31:19 PM »
CDPL.org seems to be interesting.  Thanks!
No, I'm not George Miklas (I was tickled to find out he plays tuba as well)
(actually, I wouldn't make it as a stunt double either...the pic is from my birthday last year)
Retirement looks good on you!

Offline SlideMeister

• Owner/Administrator
  • MonsterMeister
  • A.J. Fedor ><((((º>
    • A.J.'s mini-site
« Reply #43 on: January 21, 2022, 09:51:52 PM »
Ain't changed a bit. (That better be a recent picture, Mikey! ;D ;D)

Offline SlideMeister

• Owner/Administrator
  • MonsterMeister
  • A.J. Fedor ><((((º>
    • A.J.'s mini-site
« Reply #44 on: January 21, 2022, 09:54:23 PM »
I always encourage members NOT to post pictures over a couple years old, so we all know what we all really look like. 8)
(I personally think we're a great lookin' bunch! ;D ;D)

Online Ed McCullough

• CONTRIBUTOR
  • Chrome-Meister
« Reply #45 on: January 21, 2022, 10:56:45 PM »
GrStatDoc

Are you the guy who moved from the north to Surprise, Ariz. within the last couple years? Are you a university mathematics professor?    I'm wondering how you like the heat of Arizona. You might say that the winter of Surprise, Arizona beats the wiiter of Grand Rapids right now.

Offline RichChrome

• PRESIDENT'S CLUB
  • Chrome-Tributor
« Reply #46 on: January 22, 2022, 08:47:42 PM »
When I'm looking to learn a particular song I try  to get the sheet music, my first stop is  go to musescore, for a couple of reasons, the scores are free and they can be  transposed to different keys, (all twelve keys) and then printed. I look at every key to consider which would be the most suitable key for a C 48 Chrome, (in my case all the flat keys and G). Sometime a 56 is the most suitable chrome, in my case rarely a 64 I never go that low. Looking at the sheet music can give me the note range on the chrome in any particular key so I can decide which key(s) might  be the most suitable, once I've play the song in my chosen key(s) I choose the ones that to me, sound the best and can be played either the easiest or most effectively. Having said that I do try to play all my songs in multiple keys or at the least two.

Sometime song sounds best played in the tonic i.e. C. in my view if a song sounds really good in C play it in C, or the tonic of the chrome you are using. I've listened to a lot of great chrome players on Youtube and a lot of them will play a song in C, because it's the right key for the song.

Back to sheet music, if I can't find a piece of music on musescore will turn to Musicnotes, this is a pay site but it is really good; however, you have to pay for every print, so if you want the sheet in a number of different keys you have  to pay for each print.

Just my thoughts on sheet music.

Offline grstatdoc

• Statistician - Musician
  • V.I.P
  • Chrome-Tributor
  • Classicist on a very long peninsula
« Reply #47 on: February 09, 2022, 03:55:58 PM »
GrStatDoc

Are you the guy who moved from the north to Surprise, Ariz. within the last couple years? Are you a university mathematics professor?    I'm wondering how you like the heat of Arizona. You might say that the winter of Surprise, Arizona beats the wiiter of Grand Rapids right now.
Without a doubt  ;)
Mike Dean
Harmonica and tuba: tough to make ends "meet"