Author Topic: Danny G's 2023 Harmonica Party  (Read 166 times)

Offline Danny G

• Happiness is a New Harmonica
  • PARTY GUY
  • MonsterMeister
  • Danny G
    • New Harmonica
Danny G's 2023 Harmonica Party
« on: August 03, 2022, 12:08:42 AM »
I recently acquired an exceptionally nice 16 foot garage door with all of the hardware for the price of going next door to pick it up.
Yesterday I got this 50 foot long semi trailer that I'm going to cut open to fit that garage door and build a stage for the next July party

Offline Old Age

• Owner/Administrator
  • MonsterMeister
  • A.J. Fedor ><((((º>
    • A.J.'s mini-site
Re: Danny G's 2023 Harmonica Party
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2022, 12:51:33 AM »
I recently acquired an exceptionally nice 16 foot garage door with all of the hardware for the price of going next door to pick it up.
Yesterday I got this 50 foot long semi trailer that I'm going to cut open to fit that garage door and build a stage for the next July party

What's that gunna be, a stage?

Offline brorat

• CHARTER MEMBER
  • Chrome-Meister
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2022, 09:06:46 AM »
Love it, Danny!  The garage door will be sort of the "curtain" for the stage!  No more installing a tent on a flat trailer.
Hope all is well.  Your party has given me a world of memories!
“Just here to harp on chromatics!”

Offline Danny G

• PARTY GUY
  • MonsterMeister
  • Danny G
    • New Harmonica
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2022, 03:56:02 PM »
We had a heck of a time getting that thing down the driveway. They pushed it down backwards with a big Bobcat.
Took a whole day to clean it out and patch a half dozen holes in the roof but now it looks great inside. No more worries about the wind catching it and blowing it away or rain screwing up the electronics. Besides, that's 500 square feet of lawn I won't have to mow. I was getting a little bored and now I have another project in the works.

Offline Scotty

• PRESIDENT'S CLUB
  • MonsterMeister
  • Elizabeth (Scotty)
    • Myspace.com/elizabethgs
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2022, 12:22:37 AM »
We had a heck of a time getting that thing down the driveway. They pushed it down backwards with a big Bobcat.
Took a whole day to clean it out and patch a half dozen holes in the roof but now it looks great inside. No more worries about the wind catching it and blowing it away or rain screwing up the electronics. Besides, that's 500 square feet of lawn I won't have to mow. I was getting a little bored and now I have another project in the works.

LOL - you were actually LOOKING for a new project? You, my friend - are an absolute trip!  ;D ;D ;D

It looks as if this will be an amazing stage. Love the idea. Now I'm assuming your 'next project' will be to build a handicapped ramp at one end? ;) (just in case you run out of things to keep you occupied.) lolol

scotty

Offline Danny G

• PARTY GUY
  • MonsterMeister
  • Danny G
    • New Harmonica
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2022, 11:29:07 PM »
I wasn't really looking for a new project Scotty, but putting a ten by 20 foot tent on an 8 by 20 foot trailer takes a couple of days every year. Then lighting has to be hang then everything has to be carried up and afterward put away in the barn. Opening a 16 foot garage door takes less than a minute even if you do it by hand. Cutting the opening and installing the door and permanently installing wiring will likely take a lot of work and time but once done it will make getting ready for the party easier. Besides a lot of stuff can be safely stored inside year round. At my age it seems to gets harder every year so I'm trying to make having more future parties possible by eliminating my having to crawl my getting too old butt up ladders, hanging lights, running extension cords, audio cables speakers etc..  Fail to plan, plan to fail.

Offline Old Age

• Owner/Administrator
  • MonsterMeister
  • A.J. Fedor ><((((º>
    • A.J.'s mini-site
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2022, 11:47:29 PM »
Da guy's a machine I tell ya!! ;D

Offline Danny G

• PARTY GUY
  • MonsterMeister
  • Danny G
    • New Harmonica
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2022, 12:02:15 AM »
I don't play golf or go to the gym but because I worked on the party and have been cutting up trees into firewood I lost 10 pounds since spring. (not mentioning that there is no refrigerator out in the woods helped) Made it to 1 pound under what I weighed when I was in high school this morning.

Offline Scotty

• PRESIDENT'S CLUB
  • MonsterMeister
  • Elizabeth (Scotty)
    • Myspace.com/elizabethgs
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2022, 07:57:04 AM »
I don't play golf or go to the gym but because I worked on the party and have been cutting up trees into firewood I lost 10 pounds since spring. (not mentioning that there is no refrigerator out in the woods helped) Made it to 1 pound under what I weighed when I was in high school this morning.

My teasing was because you DO always work much too hard --and it seems that it's long past time to have someone else do all that really hard work (including cutting the hole for the new door, the electricity, wiring, and all the other 'stuff' that will go along with turning this trailer into a stage. I'm sure those who attend your parties truly appreciate all of your hard work, but I distinctly remember your nearly cutting off your hand - and the incredible pain and suffering you went through, not only physical - but in having to work to get back to playing chromatic again. You should be the Supervisor now, while some young people are doing all of this. Anyway--that's quite an accomplishment--getting to your High School weight--I know I'll never get there (probably good, since I was quite underweight then), but it would be nice to be back in shape. Sigh. Presumably that included your tummy as well. Don't worry, it's in safe hands - Fred found it and is keeping it safe. Seems he even found someone else's as well. :-[ ;D ::)

scotty