Author Topic: Hello, new member here from Holland  (Read 108 times)

Offline Gerundino

• HELPER
  • Baby Button Pusher
Hello, new member here from Holland
« on: August 14, 2022, 03:45:42 PM »
Hii All,

I am a new member on Sleidemeister.
My name is “Gerundino” aka Peter.

As a young boy I played a diatonic harmonica, played it a lot, sometimes my parents or my grand parents hide the harmonica from me. (Could it be my playing skills?) after a few weeks, I missed it and start asking around if they seen my harmonica. If I asked it a lot of times, they “found” it again and I was a little happy camper again. I played till my twenties. I was really fond of the Hotcha Trio. And start playing in my youth the chromatic harmonica.
 I missed to accompany myself. You only had cassette taped or a band recorder, no computer in that time.i could not get my friends so far that they played the harmonica too.
 So I start playing guitar. I became pretty good at it, semi professional flamenco guitarist. Teached a lot and performing solo etc.

A while ago the harmonica itch started again. Bought a brand new CX12 hohner low C.
I was surprised how things still are in my memory, quite easy I picked it up where I was left 30 years ago.
On a dutch ebay kind of site I could buy also a Hohner chord 48.
So, this week I tried to accompany myself and it worked a little bit!

So, I decided to spend more time with my 12 hole friend and his big uncle the Chord 48.
Also I try to get a grip on improvisation. I have to do that from scratch, flamenco guitar you learn by monkey see, monkey do, so I have zero experience in musical theory.

Hope to join in here and learn a lot, the SlideMeister forum is a rich place with a lot of information and wonderful musicians.
I can learn a lot from all of you, and maybe, I can help somebody out in the future.

All the best for now,

Peter (Gerundino)

Peter

Offline wolfman

• HELPER
  • MasterMeister
  • If you have no "slick", you stick.
Re: Hello, new member here from Holland
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2022, 03:53:49 PM »
 Welcome to SlideMeister,Peter.

Roman

Offline brorat

• CHARTER MEMBER
  • Chrome-Meister
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2022, 03:56:54 PM »
Welcome Peter!  We’re so happy you joined our little family.
Thanks for the interesting intro. Your background should help you get back into the chromatic easily.
Hope to hear a recording of you and you playing soon!
“Just here to harp on chromatics!”

Offline ejacob4

• V.I.P
  • Chrome-Minator
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2022, 04:24:34 PM »
Welcome!
Best regards,
Ed

Offline Leatherman

• Chrome-Tributor
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2022, 06:41:39 PM »
Welcome Peter……Enjoy.

Offline Old Age

• Owner/Administrator
  • MonsterMeister
  • A.J. Fedor ><((((º>
    • A.J.'s mini-site
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2022, 08:02:41 PM »
Geweldige introductie Peter! (goed voor 20 punten)

Welcome to the forum Peter! :)

Offline Scotty

• PRESIDENT'S CLUB
  • MonsterMeister
  • Elizabeth (Scotty)
    • Myspace.com/elizabethgs
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2022, 08:14:55 PM »
Welcome, Peter! Many others here (including me) also play by ear, played as children - and then came back to playing after
many years away. So you are decidedly NOT different than us. I play keyboards (anything I can 'hear in my head' - just as you
do on guitar, so that is a skill many would love to have. It isn't necessary to know how to read music but if it is something you
really feel you want to learn, there are many methods to learn by: online teachers, youtube videos (by some good teachers),
etc. I'm not one who feels I can learn that way, so simply play songs I know, or whatever I hear in my head.

btw, my favourite artist of all is a Smooth Jazz guitarist named Peter White (English but who lives in the US). He plays flamenco
style guitar. His first major 'gig' was with Al Stewart on 'Year of the Cat' (he also plays keyboards). I LOVE that style of playing - and also fwiw, he plays a Hohner 270 sparingly at his shows, although I showed him my own CX-12 to suggest that he can update
to something easier to maintain. I have 14 cx-12's since I prefer to play key of A and Bb (as well as Tenor C). Great instrument!

Glad you could join us, you'll fit right in here! :)

scotty

Offline Gerundino

• HELPER
  • Baby Button Pusher
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2022, 02:55:10 AM »
Thank you all for the warm welcome. I appreciate a lot you took the time to send me a personal message back.
Peter

Offline Keith

• HELPER
  • MasterMeister
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2022, 04:25:14 AM »
Welcome aboard. :)

Offline Scotty

• PRESIDENT'S CLUB
  • MonsterMeister
  • Elizabeth (Scotty)
    • Myspace.com/elizabethgs
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2022, 04:29:02 AM »
It's how we do things here - we're 'family'. Think of our discussions as us getting together around a BIG table to have a nice
chat about whatever harmonica (and a few other mostly musical) related issues we're interested in talking about, with the
exception of a couple listed in AJ's Rules and Regulations~must reading for Newcomers. :) It keeps us grounded - and friends
;)

scotty.

Offline Vale

• CONTRIBUTOR
  • Chrome-Tributor
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2022, 08:11:13 AM »
Welcome to the Forum, Peter!
Tot ziens for your thorough introduction!  ;)
Have a chromatic day!
Vale