Author Topic: Chewing Gum and Playing the Harmonica  (Read 715 times)

Offline Gary Richardson

• PRESIDENT'S CLUB
  • Chrome-Tributor
Chewing Gum and Playing the Harmonica
« on: September 05, 2022, 09:34:50 AM »
I saw this video this morning and could not help but notice that Delbert was chewing gum or his dentures were loose.

Gary Richardson

Offline Danny G

• Happiness is a New Harmonica
  • THE PARTY GUY
  • MonsterMeister
  • Danny G
    • New Harmonica
Re: Chewing Gum and Playing the Harmonica
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2022, 10:45:33 AM »
A couple of years ago a female customer sent a chromatic back to me that she said was defective. It didn't play because it was full of lipstick and what smelled like snuff. Delbert's probably chewing gum but you can see a lump in the left side of Delbert's shirt pocket. As I recall, it's about the same size as a package of Cutty Pipe tobacco.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2022, 10:48:32 AM by Danny G »

Offline wolfman

• HELPER
  • MasterMeister
  • If you have no "slick", you stick.
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2022, 12:20:13 PM »
 Yum Yum  ;D

Offline Bernie9

• HELPER
  • Chrome-Minator
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2022, 03:19:29 PM »
I saw this video this morning and could not help but notice that Delbert was chewing gum or his dentures were loose.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=srNqe243y74&ab_channel=rskanse

Yes, you can see him spit it out in the first measure.

Offline Scotty

• PRESIDENT'S CLUB
  • MonsterMeister
  • Elizabeth (Scotty)
    • Myspace.com/elizabethgs
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2022, 02:26:34 AM »
A couple of years ago a female customer sent a chromatic back to me that she said was defective. It didn't play because it was full of lipstick and what smelled like snuff. Delbert's probably chewing gum but you can see a lump in the left side of Delbert's shirt pocket. As I recall, it's about the same size as a package of Cutty Pipe tobacco.

Danny: I'm actually curious just what you told your customer about her 'defective' chromatic and its' lipstick cargo?  ;D

scotty

Offline Laina

• CONTRIBUTOR
  • Chrome-Meister
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2022, 02:51:56 AM »
Scotty
Danny: I'm actually curious just what you told your customer about her 'defective' chromatic and its' lipstick cargo?  ;D

I like wearing lipstick but a big 'no no' when playing our beloved chromatics. Disovered that one of the special effects you can use on Zoom is adding lipstick- (and Groucho Marx eyebrows if you're so inclined!)

Offline Edward Brock

• MasterMeister
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2022, 08:31:46 PM »

And they have the Nerve to want a Warranty claim.   ::)

Offline Danny G

• Happiness is a New Harmonica
  • THE PARTY GUY
  • MonsterMeister
  • Danny G
    • New Harmonica
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2022, 09:35:22 AM »
RE Lipstick and snuff
It's really rare to have someone say they have a bad reed on an Easttop harmonica. I didn't repair reeds and now with my hand messed up I can't even take the covers off.  She lives in Florida so I had her send it directly to Wally. He took it apart and put the reed plates in a pan of boiling water and detergent. After cleaning it he found that it had a defective reed. That is the only defective chromatic reed we've found since I started selling Easttop. I replaced the harmonica and put her name on my list of people I won't sell anything to again. I pitty her husband and her poor grandkids when she says give granny a kiss. Gag a maggot.

Offline Scotty

• PRESIDENT'S CLUB
  • MonsterMeister
  • Elizabeth (Scotty)
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2022, 07:20:41 PM »
It's pretty sickening that he had to actually look at that stuff, let alone clean it. Ugh! I hope you got to charge her for the
extra work of cleaning/disinfection (at the very least?) Perhaps those who work on chromatics should consult on having a
printed sheet included with each repair explaining what should not be inside a chromatic sent to them.
And, just how to maintain their instrument to a fairly decent standard, realizing all aren't as persnickety as some of us.
;)

scotty
PS: and IF it is full of 'whatever', you get to add a serious charge for having to deal with it? (I know, probably wishful
thinking).

Offline Bernie9

• HELPER
  • Chrome-Minator
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2022, 04:36:17 AM »
Sorry-off subject

I feel compelled to express my joy in having Scotty back with us-we need you.  I realize there are many unavoidable factors that keep you away temporarily, but hope they remain manageable.
Bernie

Offline Scotty

• PRESIDENT'S CLUB
  • MonsterMeister
  • Elizabeth (Scotty)
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2022, 02:00:02 PM »
Sorry-off subject

I feel compelled to express my joy in having Scotty back with us-we need you.  I realize there are many unavoidable factors that keep you away temporarily, but hope they remain manageable.
Bernie
Bernie: you are SO SWEET! Another of my 'peaches'~and what a lovely thing to say. The feeling is mutual, you know? :)

(so far, the unrelenting pain IS fairly manageable--especially when I know there are so many others here dealing with even
worse...I consider myself fairly fortunate. In fact, being here can take me away from quite a lot of it - and the other 'stuff'.
That's the wonders of this forum - knowing one's not alone. So it's all good, and thank you, with much love and smooches.)

scotty

Offline Bernie9

• HELPER
  • Chrome-Minator
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2022, 02:57:12 PM »
To Dear Scotty

xxxooo

It is quite amazing to me how one can feel an attraction for another by the way sentiments are expressed and not know them personally. Not only that, I like smart people who are very human at the same time.

I have. to a lesser degree, an affinity for others here that might not appreciate hugs and kisses, so I will hold myself in check. LOL

Offline Scotty

• PRESIDENT'S CLUB
  • MonsterMeister
  • Elizabeth (Scotty)
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2022, 04:08:21 PM »
 ;D ;D ;D :-*

scotty