Author Topic: I'm Loving these regulations!!  (Read 9971 times)

Hilvert_Scheper

I'm Loving these regulations!!
« on: March 29, 2015, 05:28:20 AM »
The rules and regulations here are Great, I Love them,
And yes, I actually DID read them all, not a word of a lie.
With some of them, I can just Sense the reason, and can only imagine why they are, or "have become" Necessary...
All I can say is:

THAT's the way to run a Forum.
Thanks for having me.

Offline miljoran

• Miljoran
  • Chrome-Tributor
Re: I'm Loving these regulations!!
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2015, 05:18:12 PM »
Sweden' next to UK, so I know what you talk about. But here it's not possible to read it all without ending up in a psychiatric clinic  ???
Göran
Goran Eklund in Sweden

Offline Edward Brock

• MasterMeister
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2015, 03:46:34 PM »
The regs keep us crazy ones in line.

Offline Scotty

• PRESIDENT'S CLUB
  • MonsterMeister
  • Elizabeth (Scotty)
    • Myspace.com/elizabethgs
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2015, 07:24:24 PM »
The rules and regulations here are Great, I Love them,
And yes, I actually DID read them all, not a word of a lie.
With some of them, I can just Sense the reason, and can only imagine why they are, or "have become" Necessary...
All I can say is:

THAT's the way to run a Forum.
Thanks for having me.
Agree completely with your take on it. Every one of them--and every word, became necessary in order to have the forum work as well as it does. It's pure logic actually, and allows AJ to run the forum without going crazy, lol. :)

Elizabeth (a/k/a Scotty)

jackwhale

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2015, 03:29:23 PM »
I just joined...What a great forum!

Offline Edward Brock

• MasterMeister
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2016, 02:10:22 PM »
Well, I just did a quick RE-Read and they still make sense.
That's probably a good thing as far as I can tell.
Thanks again for your fine work AJ.

Offline Pat Cat

• Chrome-Tributor
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2016, 03:21:26 PM »
Look at how many different forums have come and gone since SlideMeisters start in 1999. Yes they may have started out with good intentions but it is hard work and very time consuming to keep things interesting and going.
I have found myself checking this forum every chance I get (this site is very habit forming) to see what has been posted. Yes subjects can get off course a little – but that is what friends do – we just start talking and sometimes who knows where we end up.
You have to have rules, regulations and guide lines to be successful.
I love this site and have learned soooooooooo much here. I just wish I had someone close to me that also played.
A lot of credit goes out to AJ, but a lot of credit also goes out to all the members and guests that visit this site. That is what is making this site so successful.

Offline SlideMeister

• Owner/Administrator
  • MonsterMeister
  • A.J. Fedor ><((((º>
    • A.J.'s mini-site
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2016, 08:00:11 PM »
Yep! Good people make for a good site; and I still believe Chromatic players are the best! ;D ;D

Offline Crawforde

• Chrome-Meister
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2016, 08:05:57 PM »
Regulations?
What are you talking about?
😉

Offline Scotty

• PRESIDENT'S CLUB
  • MonsterMeister
  • Elizabeth (Scotty)
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2016, 12:25:48 AM »
Look at how many different forums have come and gone since SlideMeisters start in 1999. Yes they may have started out with good intentions but it is hard work and very time consuming to keep things interesting and going.
I have found myself checking this forum every chance I get (this site is very habit forming) to see what has been posted. Yes subjects can get off course a little – but that is what friends do – we just start talking and sometimes who knows where we end up.
You have to have rules, regulations and guide lines to be successful.
I love this site and have learned soooooooooo much here. I just wish I had someone close to me that also played.
A lot of credit goes out to AJ, but a lot of credit also goes out to all the members and guests that visit this site. That is what is making this site so successful.

Good post and thank you for not minding when some of us (cough) get a wee bit off-track now and then. I tend to think of everyone here as 'friends' and it seems perfectly logical to continue a conversation into 'other' territory occasionally, although we usually do manage to veer back to the original topic if no one fusses too much. ;) And I too think of the rules and regs as 'guidelines' --if no one gets too out of line, that's all that we really require (and it makes life so much easier on AJ).

Glad to hear your thoughts about SlideMeister--they very much mirror my own. I love this site although I've taken wee 'leaves of absence' now and then (mostly unavoidable). It always feels wonderful to come back 'home' where I know I fit right in as if I'd never left. That is the true sign of a great place--where we can feel we're sitting around having great conversations.  I think of SlideMeister as an actual physical 'gathering' of like-minded people who come from everywhere around the World yet share one very important connection: our love of chromatic harmonicas.

AJ kept this site going through sheer grit and determination before we had to begin the 'club' and donations...otherwise he just might have had to close down. It's simply too expensive for one person to run SM on their own and he's not wealthy. So those of us who can, help where we can. It's SO worth it as posts like yours have just proven. :)

Thank you for this!

Elizabeth (scotty)

Offline Scotty

• PRESIDENT'S CLUB
  • MonsterMeister
  • Elizabeth (Scotty)
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2016, 12:27:30 AM »
Yep! Good people make for a good site; and I still believe Chromatic players are the best! ;D ;D

So does a great 'boss-man'. :)

Elizabeth (scotty)

AngelDeVille

« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2016, 09:56:58 AM »

This really one of the best sites on the interwebz.

I think I have only been formally reprimanded once since I joined a few months ago!

Offline Edward Brock

• MasterMeister
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2016, 01:24:18 PM »

I think I have only been formally reprimanded once since I joined a few months ago!

Don't do it again or your harmonicas will be confiscated and sent to me.. ;D
Not really..  AJ keeps them all.  :-X

Offline SlideMeister

• Owner/Administrator
  • MonsterMeister
  • A.J. Fedor ><((((º>
    • A.J.'s mini-site
« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2016, 01:25:26 PM »
Mwoaahahahahah! ;D

dougharps

« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2016, 05:13:39 PM »
Without AJ's determination and willingness to occasionally lay down the law as benevolent dictator he could not have established this chromatic oasis and maintained it.  In the early days, in his first board, and on this board he was criticized for not tolerating violations.  As someone who plays chromatic and diatonic I always understood and respected why he set rigid limits. 

AJ's vision for a chromatic board is what created this resource for chromatic players and prevented it from devolving into another bluesharp board.  I participate in such boards, and my playing uses keyed chromatics and diatonics in genres not usually featured here.  However, I highly value and respect the information and goodwill shared on this singular site. 

Thanks, AJ!

Doug S.

Offline Gnarly He Man

• AKA Gary
  • HELPER
  • MonsterMeister
  • Chroma means color
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2016, 05:25:16 PM »
I owe much to this site.
Can't believe I haven't been kicked off yet . . .
 ::)

Offline SlideMeister

• Owner/Administrator
  • MonsterMeister
  • A.J. Fedor ><((((º>
    • A.J.'s mini-site
« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2016, 06:24:35 PM »
C'Mon! I kick off maybe ten people /month, but that's only cuz they haven't poked their heads in the door for over six months. 8) (and they can always come back)

There are only a handful that I actually threw out in the street, (never to return) and those were guys who got in my face on list. Wanna tear into me with a private email or phone call? No problem! Do it on line (to me or any other member for that matter) and I'll give ya the left foot of fellowship.  ;D

Offline Scotty

• PRESIDENT'S CLUB
  • MonsterMeister
  • Elizabeth (Scotty)
« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2016, 01:32:26 AM »

Although I know nothing about it, I'd assume that was your baptism by fire. You're now inducted. :)

Elizabeth (scotty)

Offline Scotty

• PRESIDENT'S CLUB
  • MonsterMeister
  • Elizabeth (Scotty)
« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2016, 01:33:33 AM »

Ed and his never-ending quest for chromatics to 'fall into his lap', lolol. You're such a trip, Ed. Too funny. :)

Elizabeth (scotty)

Offline Scotty

• PRESIDENT'S CLUB
  • MonsterMeister
  • Elizabeth (Scotty)
« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2016, 01:37:39 AM »
C'Mon! I kick off maybe ten people /month, but that's only cuz they haven't poked their heads in the door for over six months. 8) (and they can always come back)

There are only a handful that I actually threw out in the street, (never to return) and those were guys who got in my face on list. Wanna tear into me with a private email or phone call? No problem! Do it on line (to me or any other member for that matter) and I'll give ya the left foot of fellowship.  ;D

I think I remember a couple of them and yeah, there're always a couple of super-dominant types who think they know more than anyone and can push you around. They find out soon enough that just won't wash, although I have to say you have a whole lot more patience than me. That's why it's your site and not mine, hahaha.

Elizabeth (scotty)

Offline Edward Brock

• MasterMeister
« Reply #20 on: July 06, 2016, 10:20:26 AM »

Ed and his never-ending quest for chromatics to 'fall into his lap', lolol. You're such a trip, Ed. Too funny. :)

Elizabeth (scotty)

Scotty, this is no laughing matter.
I'm after your 64's next.  ;)
When I grow up & plan to get another
64 or 2..
Even if I have to buy them myself.

AngelDeVille

« Reply #21 on: July 06, 2016, 10:26:17 AM »

Elizabeth (scotty)

Scotty, this is no laughing matter.
I'm after your 64's next.  ;)
When I grow up & plan to get another
64 or 2..
Even if I have to buy them myself.

What's your shipping address?

Oh, nevermind, I don't have a big enough box....

Offline Edward Brock

• MasterMeister
« Reply #22 on: July 06, 2016, 01:23:13 PM »
Speaking of Regs & such, I'll bet a dollar AJ locks this one down pretty soon
because we've wandered into the Banter category.
Any takers??   ;) :-X

Offline SlideMeister

• Owner/Administrator
  • MonsterMeister
  • A.J. Fedor ><((((º>
    • A.J.'s mini-site
« Reply #23 on: July 06, 2016, 01:28:34 PM »
Nah! but I might be temped to move it to Banter ;D ha ha !

AngelDeVille

« Reply #24 on: July 06, 2016, 01:33:02 PM »
Where does Kkaazzoo chatter get moved to?

I'm looking for the tabs, and tuning sub-forum.

Offline Scotty

• PRESIDENT'S CLUB
  • MonsterMeister
  • Elizabeth (Scotty)
« Reply #25 on: July 07, 2016, 01:46:10 AM »
Where does Kkaazzoo chatter get moved to?

I'm looking for the tabs, and tuning sub-forum.

oh boy, don't say the 'kaz..' word here--Age just hates the very idea of them (which of course means some people persist in talking about them in 'banter'. ;)

Sorry, Age. We'll go back to the regs...just trying to lighten the atmosphere about what really is a fairly serious topic.

BeCAUSE some people (a mere handful over the years) tend to ignore the rules and regs Age insists we read, it's caused the occasional conflict now and then. Nothing too dramatic since Age just handles it and most of us are none the wiser (a very good thing imho). I don't really want to know why and what other people do to run afoul of our fairly good-natured head SlideMeister. The fact is we have THE singularly best site on the web, bar none, for chromatic harmonica players to gather and share. So we all have an obligation to be careful to keep it as classy as it is--another reason no overly strong opinions: no politics, no religious talk (except in the specific area devoted to Prayer) is condoned here. THIS is what keeps us all friends since we're from everywhere and all think and feel differently about life.

I've seen other sites degenerate into chaos when people with naturally strong ideas expressed them at will. Everyone wants to be 'right'. Well, you can be100%  right here--but only about chromatics and there are already a few resident experts who've been members since the inception of this site--so to any newcomers signing up I'd suggest taking advantage of their expertise (as long as they have the time and inclination to answer your queries); otherwise you'll have to settle for opinions from the rest of us who've learned as we go. But first and foremost, check out the search feature for questions you might have and if you can't find what you need there and/or time is of the essence, ASK for help. Those who know a bit more are always glad to respond. :)

Elizabeth (scotty)

Offline SlideMeister

• Owner/Administrator
  • MonsterMeister
  • A.J. Fedor ><((((º>
    • A.J.'s mini-site
« Reply #26 on: July 07, 2016, 03:54:45 PM »
"Where does Kkaazzoo chatter get moved to?"

Some other forum. 8)
There's a reason you hafta spell it sideways to keep it from coming out as "kazoo"

Rev G

« Reply #27 on: May 08, 2017, 01:03:13 AM »
Fair enough! Guidelines, parameters and commonality are what create a culture. Add some love and respect and then you get a healthy culture. I'll have some of that thanks.

Offline Edward Brock

• MasterMeister
« Reply #28 on: May 08, 2017, 03:06:18 PM »

hahahaha    You have SUCH  Good Taste.

Offline beads

• Chrome-Meister
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #29 on: October 30, 2017, 03:07:16 PM »
 I just exited a country/folk harmonica forum that had ran fine for about 6 years but was slowly taken over by blues players who are constantly off topic. About 10 or 15 years ago I belonged to a Yahoo Group for bluegrass/old time harp but the admin abandoned it and within a year it was useless. Off topic, spam, politics, rants, etc. I have thought a few times that Age was a grumpy old dictator, but after seeing what happened to those other forums my mind is changed. Thank you, AJ, for keeping this Forum on the rails.
Onze-Lieve-Vrouw van Troost Bid voor ons.