Author Topic: Curious - What instrument did you yoosta play?  (Read 1201 times)

Offline Age

• A.J.Fedor
  • HELPER
  • Chrome-Tributor
  • A.J. Fedor ><((((ยบ> (member since 9/1/22)
Re: Curious - What instrument did you yoosta play?
« Reply #30 on: September 27, 2023, 06:49:33 PM »
Pretty much substantiates my whole stinkin' point :)
Most "band students" end up playing somethin else or nothin at all. :P
Retired Champion Thread Starter 😎

Offline Scotty

• PRESIDENT'S CLUB
  • MonsterMeister
  • Elizabeth (Scotty)
    • Myspace.com/elizabethgs
« Reply #31 on: September 28, 2023, 07:53:33 AM »
Scotty, my wife took Hawaiian guitar lessons in school.  It has since fell apart but I usta mess with it a little.  I used to favor steel guitar music and more recently enjoy dobros.  Point is, those guitar-like instruments are somewhat friendly to arthritic hands since they use a slide of some configuration and finger picks.  Cats hate em though.

Oh, I'll have to stop into a music store and check, then. Thanks, Larry. I'm so used to seeing Peter (White) play acoustically even though he does use a pic occasionally, I just couldn't imagine my own VERY painful right thumb/wrist managing. Maybe it'll work, but I still have issues even picking up the lightest thing. Can't make that 'pincer-grip' without intense pain, off and on, so that's where my mind was going--could I even use a pic? My hematologist is sending me for an appointment with another doctor in his office (in a couple of weeks) to see if I'd be a candidate for CBD tincture. I've been putting it off for ages, not being a fan of the idea, but - at this point I'm willing to try it if it'll give some relief.

Best, scotty

Offline Ed McCullough

• CONTRIBUTOR
  • Chrome-Meister
« Reply #32 on: October 26, 2023, 12:21:12 AM »
I also played violin, oboe, trombone. In the world of oboe I made my reeds.