Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Maintenance & Repair 101 / Re: Washing between valve layers
« Last post by Laina on Today at 09:45:13 AM »
I use synthetic chamois swabs:

https://a.co/d/3gwy8HM  (that's an Amazon link, or search for Double Head Chamois Swab)

- Slim
I recall your previous recommendation and bought some - find them very useful - thank you.
Laina
« Last post by Ed McCullough on Today at 09:41:25 AM »
Do you get the synthetic swabs from an artificial Navy?
« Last post by SlimHeilpern on Today at 09:38:18 AM »
I use synthetic chamois swabs:

https://a.co/d/3gwy8HM  (that's an Amazon link, or search for Double Head Chamois Swab)

- Slim

« Last post by Ed McCullough on Today at 09:36:48 AM »
I bet construction paper elementary school art classes you do a good  job. A large art supply store close enough to where I live. They have scores of types of paper. I think I will look in there and find a small sheet of paper with a rough surface.
« Last post by John Broecker on Today at 09:18:59 AM »
Doug Tate recommended newsprint.
Later, he found a better solution, but
I forget what it is.

Best Regards, Stay Valved.

JB
Maintenance & Repair 101 / Re: Tori removal
« Last post by Gnarly He Man on Today at 09:05:40 AM »
https://laryngopedia.com/torus-mandibularis/
I have pretty good sized ones too.
BanterMeister / Re: Give us the Bird! 😉
« Last post by brorat on Today at 08:18:15 AM »
I don't bother with scales - leave that up to my doctor, lol. What I do is go by how my jeans fit. If they fit and are still
comfortable, all's good. :)

scotty
PS: I don't tend to overindulge anyway. Went down a full jeans-size over the course of a year - and would be perfectly
content to stay there.

Don't have much use for scales either. I've always weighed about fifteen lbs more than folks believe. That's why I've never come home from a carnival without a teddy bear or whatever from the guy what tries to guess my weight.

WE do have a scale, but only use it to weigh big stuff by holding it and stepping on it, then subtracting a buck eighty from the total. 8)  Oh yeah, I also use it when I wanna yell at Barbara for being so stinkin' skinny. :) About 112 last when I checked.

Doc once told me I need to diet and get down to a buck - eighty!  I told him I blew past 180 one night in the fifth grade ;) ;)
« Last post by brorat on Today at 05:36:51 AM »
Yes!!  Strips of coffee filter work great. They don’t have to be wet. Just gently slide between layers, hold with finger pressure, and pull out.
GENERAL CHROMATIC DISCUSSION / Re: Seydel NonSlider Chromatic
« Last post by Rechmbrs on Today at 01:57:02 AM »

My guess is that the sharp plate was already on the bottom. I don't have a Seydel, but on my straight tuned Hohner, the sharp plate is on the bottom. Seydel put a different front on an existing harp to make the Nonslider. My guess is it shares the same reedplates with their Deluxe Steel.

Not counting the semi-circular mouthpieces, the NONSLIDER Chromatic DE LUXE STEEL  is the exact same body, reeds, etc as the  Chromatic DE LUXE STEEL.  All parts are interchangeable according Seydel USA.  I have one body and two mouthpieces - SLIDER and NONSLIDER.  Slider in means to use the second row of holes for selecting the hole with NONSLIDER.  With my arthritic hands, I find the NON much easier to use not having to push slider.  The sound quality is the same.  I do feel that the NON is more airtight as mouthpiece sits directly on the comb.  Chords etc. are played the same way for either.

I think Seydel should not have stated:

... with direct tone response like a Blues Harmonica?

... that works WITHOUT slider and WITHOUT valves*?

... on which techniques like bending or overblow are playable?

as they just confuse what the harp does.  IT IS AS MUCH A CHROMATIC as is the Chromatic DE LUXE STEEL, SAXONY, VOLCANY,...

I have since retuned the body so that the layout gives me C3-B6 (4 octaves) in a linear fashion.  No duplicated notes but am suffering memory problems going from a score to any device right now.  I can blame it old age not Old AGE!!

Steel, Saxony, and Volcany can share cover-sets and other parts.

Keep smiling,
RONC
BanterMeister / Re: Give us the Bird! 😉
« Last post by Age on Today at 12:45:08 AM »
I don't bother with scales - leave that up to my doctor, lol. What I do is go by how my jeans fit. If they fit and are still
comfortable, all's good. :)

scotty
PS: I don't tend to overindulge anyway. Went down a full jeans-size over the course of a year - and would be perfectly
content to stay there.

Don't have much use for scales either. I've always weighed about fifteen lbs more than folks believe. That's why I've never come home from a carnival without a teddy bear or whatever from the guy what tries to guess my weight.

WE do have a scale, but only use it to weigh big stuff by holding it and stepping on it, then subtracting a buck eighty from the total. 8)  Oh yeah, I also use it when I wanna yell at Barbara for being so stinkin' skinny. :) About 112 last when I checked.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10