Author Topic: Pet-Pixx  (Read 43840 times)

Offline SlideMeister

• Owner/Administrator
  • MonsterMeister
  • A.J. Fedor ><((((º>
    • A.J.'s mini-site
Re: Pet-Pixx
« Reply #90 on: February 01, 2015, 09:37:06 PM »
That was funny! Especially since I'm one of those rare Yanks who don't even know (or care) who's playing. Baaaahhahahahah!

jpkelly

« Reply #91 on: February 01, 2015, 09:55:37 PM »
I'm with you guys. Cats make much more sense to me than football players.  ;)

Offline Grizzly

• HELPER
  • MonsterMeister
  • aka Tom
    • Transcriptions
« Reply #92 on: February 05, 2015, 09:53:36 PM »
Jeff left Ruby here when he moved to Colorado more than a year ago. I guess she's ours now.

Go Patriots! Four-time Super Bowl winners! (it all makes sense to me! ;D)

Tom
« Last Edit: February 05, 2015, 09:55:48 PM by Grizzly »
working on my second 10,000!

Offline SlideMeister

• Owner/Administrator
  • MonsterMeister
  • A.J. Fedor ><((((º>
    • A.J.'s mini-site
« Reply #93 on: February 05, 2015, 10:07:24 PM »
Cute. Looks just my neighbor's puddy-tat.

Offline henrymouni

• PRESIDENT'S CLUB
  • MasterMeister
« Reply #94 on: February 06, 2015, 02:43:37 AM »
Jeff left Ruby here when he moved to Colorado more than a year ago. I guess she's ours now.

Go Patriots! Four-time Super Bowl winners! (it all makes sense to me! ;D)

Tom

Looks like she has settled in Tom! ;D
She's got that "Jeff who?" look! 8)

Henry. :) :) :)
« Last Edit: February 06, 2015, 02:51:35 AM by henrymouni »

Offline Danny G

• Happiness is a New Harmonica
  • THE PARTY GUY
  • MonsterMeister
  • Danny G
    • New Harmonica
« Reply #95 on: April 02, 2018, 12:51:54 PM »

Offline Scotty

• PRESIDENT'S CLUB
  • MonsterMeister
  • Elizabeth (Scotty)
    • Myspace.com/elizabethgs
« Reply #96 on: April 02, 2018, 04:27:22 PM »
Don't know if they make good pets but they sure are cute
https://geographyeducation.org/2017/03/31/jackalopes-return-to-yellowstone-ecosystem/

We reaalllllly need a snark/sarcasm button here. ;)

You're a bad boy, Danny G.

Elizabeth (scotty)

PS: we seem to have lost all of the adorable kitty and dog photos. Sigh. I'll try to find some of my guys and post them here if I can figure out how to do it! Might have to send them to Age for resizing, though.

Offline Scotty

• PRESIDENT'S CLUB
  • MonsterMeister
  • Elizabeth (Scotty)
« Reply #97 on: April 02, 2018, 04:32:29 PM »
this was my Holly-Joy. Absolutely one of the most adorable cats I've ever had. Lived in the shed for nearly a year (there was a hole in the door). She shared the space with a family of raccoons and they all got along just fine. I tried to entice her in but had just adopted another young cat a few months before and hubby wasn't particularly interested so  had to use subterfuge. That Winter was quite severe (1999) and she was still a very small and young cat...came to the back door with snow up over her head with a paw uplifted begging--even he couldn't turn her away so in she came and settled in as if she'd lived there forever. I lost her around age 11-  much too young for such a wonderful girl.

Elizabeth (scotty)
(I'd just gotten a set of Christmas Pfaltzgraff dishes--that was the name of the pattern 'Holly-Joy' and since she came in right after Christmas and was utterly joyful to be rescued from the ice and snow AND a joy to have around, her name fit to a tee.) :)
« Last Edit: April 03, 2018, 04:51:17 PM by Scotty »

Offline SlideMeister

• Owner/Administrator
  • MonsterMeister
  • A.J. Fedor ><((((º>
    • A.J.'s mini-site
« Reply #98 on: April 02, 2018, 06:32:52 PM »
No! But it does now! ;D
Re-sized, enhanced, sharpened and even framed, just for you. Isn't it cool to be a President's Clubber? 8)
« Last Edit: April 02, 2018, 06:41:02 PM by Age »

Offline Scotty

• PRESIDENT'S CLUB
  • MonsterMeister
  • Elizabeth (Scotty)
« Reply #99 on: April 03, 2018, 12:54:15 AM »
No! But it does now! ;D
Re-sized, enhanced, sharpened and even framed, just for you. Isn't it cool to be a President's Clubber? 8)
Thank you, Age - she looks adorable-the photo was a wee bit fuzzy. That was her typical pose on the kitchen counter. I tried sending it to you but have issues with my server and this computer. The photos stored on this computer can't be 'mailed', only downloaded...and then they're too big. :( I do so appreciate your doing this --and yeah, I really do enjoy being in 'the President's Club' -well worth the few extra bucks. :) Holly was my trial run--can I send you more Pet photos, and how do I do that within SlideMeister?
Scotty

Offline SlideMeister

• Owner/Administrator
  • MonsterMeister
  • A.J. Fedor ><((((º>
    • A.J.'s mini-site
« Reply #100 on: April 03, 2018, 01:11:29 PM »
Easy, (I guess we can call this a new feature  :) )

Prez Clubbers can Just post it to the INSIDERS board, along with a note saying what it's about and I'll fix them for ya!

Offline Scotty

• PRESIDENT'S CLUB
  • MonsterMeister
  • Elizabeth (Scotty)
« Reply #101 on: April 03, 2018, 04:52:09 PM »
Easy, (I guess we can call this a new feature  :) )

Prez Clubbers can Just post it to the INSIDERS board, along with a note saying what it's about and I'll fix them for ya!

Will do! That will make my life SO much easier! Really appreciate it!

Elizabeth (scotty)

Offline Scotty

• PRESIDENT'S CLUB
  • MonsterMeister
  • Elizabeth (Scotty)
Re: Pet-Pixx - Scotty's Kaya, Kuma and JenniPurr
« Reply #102 on: April 08, 2018, 05:19:11 PM »
Okay --here're are a few Age re-sized for me! (hopefully this will work, now!)

Kaya and Kuma -- my now gone but never forgotten beautiful female Eskie dog and her best friend Kuma who adored her and
snuggled with her every chance he got. She died in February 2013 and I lost him in 2014, before getting Koda - a boy Eskie (December 2014). I wish Kuma had lived long enough to meet Koda (and train him in the ways of kittie/eskie companionship).

...the other photos are of my JenniPurr - she who lived to 23. She was already quite elderly here but looked half her age. Our vets called her the 'energizer bunny' because she just kept going and going and going--using up more lives than most kitties would ever have. Feisty too. Began life as a feral kitty mommy in our backyard whom I had to entice in along with her sister and some of their kittens (that's when we had 14 indoor cats here). 

Elizabeth (scotty)
« Last Edit: April 08, 2018, 07:57:07 PM by Age »

Offline Scotty

• PRESIDENT'S CLUB
  • MonsterMeister
  • Elizabeth (Scotty)
« Reply #103 on: April 08, 2018, 11:12:07 PM »
Thank you, Age! Finally getting to see at least 3 more of my fur-babies here is so sweet. :)

Appreciated.

Jenni was with me for 23 years --that's a big chunk of my life, so it's hard to get over losing these little fur beings who become such part of one's existence.

Elizabeth (scotty)

Offline Laina

• CONTRIBUTOR
  • Chrome-Meister
« Reply #104 on: April 09, 2018, 07:21:06 AM »
Big aahs from over here. They're totally adorable. Hope I've got pic names the right way round.  Kuma and Kaya look so cosy and comfortable together. And JenniPurr's markings are very distinctive, like someone carefully painted stripes on her. 23 years is such a very long time. I thought that Tiko, our 19 year Siamese , had done well. (long time ago but such a wrench when we had to say goodbye), Our furry babes become so entwined in our daily lives, each with their own quirks and give so much joy.

Offline Scotty

• PRESIDENT'S CLUB
  • MonsterMeister
  • Elizabeth (Scotty)
« Reply #105 on: April 09, 2018, 05:34:18 PM »
Big aahs from over here. They're totally adorable. Hope I've got pic names the right way round.  Kuma and Kaya look so cosy and comfortable together. And JenniPurr's markings are very distinctive, like someone carefully painted stripes on her. 23 years is such a very long time. I thought that Tiko, our 19 year Siamese , had done well. (long time ago but such a wrench when we had to say goodbye), Our furry babes become so entwined in our daily lives, each with their own quirks and give so much joy.

Thank you Laina--you got them right. :) and yes, she had such pretty colouring--her white was sparkly in the Sun and under her 'stripes' she had the sweetest fawn fur--quite unexpected, and was such a lovey little girl. My last 'old lady' is Kimba, the remaining one of 4 siblings brought in the Summer of 2000 who eventually bonded with Jenni as if Jenni was her kitten (quite amusingly) - and they spent a lot of time wrapped around each other. Kimba's going on 18 now. Very frail, just bones, really--and diagnosed a couple of weeks ago with thyroid problems. Luckily the meds can be rubbed inside her ear because she bites any fingers getting too close to her face. Hubby actually jumps away to avoid this barely 5 lb cat.  ::) Koda IS interested in her and in Simon (the youngest who's still not quite a year old), enough to stick his nose in their ears to snuffle them and they seem interested in him, but Percy wants absolutely nothing to do with the big white furry monster. Sigh.  I really miss that togetherness Kaya and Kuma shared for so long...didn't realize how much till now. Then again, these are the fewest number of fur-babies I've had in 3 decades!  Back then they'd always pair off and make their own little 'love' connections. So adorable.

I LOVE the name Tiko and his was a considerably long life! If Kimba makes it to 19, I'll be surprised since she's so frail so have been preparing myself.  None of her siblings or any of my others did...Jenni was the exception. 17 was my previously most long-lived cat prior to her.  I've always been intrigued by Siamese cats but've never been fortunate enough to find one needing rescuing--end up sidetracked by yet another one (or more) born in my garden who needs more help instead. D'you have a photo of him? This IS the place to post all of our 'pet pixx'. :)

Elizabeth (scotty)

Offline Laina

• CONTRIBUTOR
  • Chrome-Meister
« Reply #106 on: April 14, 2018, 11:37:15 AM »

I LOVE the name Tiko and his was a considerably long life! If Kimba makes it to 19, I'll be surprised since she's so frail so have been preparing myself.  None of her siblings or any of my others did...Jenni was the exception. 17 was my previously most long-lived cat prior to her.  I've always been intrigued by Siamese cats but've never been fortunate enough to find one needing rescuing--end up sidetracked by yet another one (or more) born in my garden who needs more help instead. D'you have a photo of him? This IS the place to post all of our 'pet pixx'. :)

Elizabeth (scotty)
Here is beautiful Tiko C.1989 relaxing with new kid on the block Isabelle, the red Burmese,  at 12 weeks old. I wanted an Oriental name and a friend working  at a Japanese company was told this was a typical boy's name.
Tiko was on his own for many years and we were a bit apprehensive about how he'd react but this pic was on day 2 of their introduction. I grew up with Siamese and always wanted one so was overjoyed when 2 dear friends who'd been lodging with me gave me Tiko as a thank-you. Actually Tiko chose me when I went to see the breeder as all our subsequent Burmese did! How can you resist a bundle of fluff clambering all over you and purring madly?
Tiko was the old style, chunkier-looking Siamese, which I personally prefer to the angular ones now bred. I lived in a block of maisonettes at that time where he ruled the roost and no neighbours' cat dared mess with him.  Even after eventually moving and living with 3 other Burmese he didn't have as much as a scratch on him. Despite his strong character he was amazingly affectionate and sweet natured with all humans. His voice was an acquired taste and extremely loud when he wanted attention which was frequent.  Imv Burmese have the better temperament and although they're very naughty and chatty their tone is more melodious. ;D.

Offline Scotty

• PRESIDENT'S CLUB
  • MonsterMeister
  • Elizabeth (Scotty)
« Reply #107 on: April 14, 2018, 02:25:58 PM »
Awww, now that's SO precious! At first I thought he was playing with a toy teddybear! :)

I love his style of Siamese as well, frankly. Don't at all like those sharply angled features people breed into cats today, so we're
definitely on the same wavelength. Two snugglers. I'm sure you still miss their furry little characters.

I LOVE when they choose you...it's so rewarding and you do certainly know when you've been chosen.  Such an honour.

Elizabeth (scotty)

Offline Scotty

• PRESIDENT'S CLUB
  • MonsterMeister
  • Elizabeth (Scotty)
« Reply #108 on: May 21, 2018, 05:06:34 PM »
This isn't exactly a pet 'pix' but it's a full-length colour version of Simon's Cat 'going to the vet' which I found absolutely
hilarious in view of our most recent experience with our vet tech coming a couple of days ago to trim the two boys' nails  ::)
It should have been a simple thing but because she's never actually seen either Percy or Simon any time she's come to our
home (the food is eaten and litter boxes used so she knows they're alive and well!) we decided to crate them and do all of this
in a bathroom. Ever hear the expression 'trying to herd cats'? Uh huh. I'm still nursing my many wounds.

(PS: this is where I got Simon's name from --although my fatboy Percy resembles Simon's Cat more closely in word and deed).  ;D

Elizabeth (scotty)

Offline Sea Born

• Space Cadet
  • Chrome-Tributor
    • SeabornSong.com
« Reply #109 on: July 06, 2018, 01:11:03 PM »
Music appreciation with my 4 lb toy poodle, Kiwi.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2018, 04:28:26 PM by Age »
You can be in Tokyo or Alberta at four in the morning in your hotel and you can still practice if you feel like it. A trombone cannot do that. - Toots

Offline Scotty

• PRESIDENT'S CLUB
  • MonsterMeister
  • Elizabeth (Scotty)
« Reply #110 on: July 09, 2018, 04:59:13 AM »

Awwww. LOVE this..  What a cutie! ;D

My Koda isn't anywhere near this attentive--he usually just naps throughout any playing, but the cats have tried to climb on me and bat at the chromatic whenever I sit down while playing, so I suppose that's some kind of approval? :)

Elizabeth (scotty)

Offline Sea Born

• Space Cadet
  • Chrome-Tributor
    • SeabornSong.com
« Reply #111 on: July 09, 2018, 01:01:15 PM »

My Koda isn't anywhere near this attentive--he usually just naps throughout any playing, but the cats have tried to climb on me and bat at the chromatic whenever I sit down while playing, so I suppose that's some kind of approval? :)

Elizabeth (scotty)

Not if they're trying to knock it out of your mouth!   ;D

Kiwi shoots me a wounded look when I play.  She's deaf, so I think she assumes I'm eating something and not sharing.   ::)
You can be in Tokyo or Alberta at four in the morning in your hotel and you can still practice if you feel like it. A trombone cannot do that. - Toots

Offline Scotty

• PRESIDENT'S CLUB
  • MonsterMeister
  • Elizabeth (Scotty)
« Reply #112 on: July 09, 2018, 06:25:03 PM »

Elizabeth (scotty)

Not if they're trying to knock it out of your mouth!   ;D

Kiwi shoots me a wounded look when I play.  She's deaf, so I think she assumes I'm eating something and not sharing.   ::)

HAHA! - True, but the 'batting' in this case is mostly that 'patting, cupping' thing they do (a wee bit more forcefully since Percy's a bit of a fat boi) in order to steal my chromatic. I actually have photos of him trying to play one of my chromatics. ;) They get right up in my face purring and nuzzling --trying to harmonize? But of course I'm too winded then (being squished by an 18+lb cat isn't conducive to being able to exhale much!)

I think you just may be right about Kiwi: imagine you having the 'noive' to eat an entire ear of corn while not offering her any? Bad, bad mommy.  ;D

Reminds me of this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5ZpXg0GEC4

Elizabeth (scotty)
« Last Edit: July 09, 2018, 06:28:13 PM by Scotty »