Author Topic: Hohner Meisterklasse fan club  (Read 22847 times)

Offline HUGO

• PRESIDENT'S CLUB
  • Chrome-Tributor
  • "Alejo"
Re: Hohner Meisterklasse fan club
« Reply #90 on: September 05, 2020, 09:18:06 PM »
Does anyone know where to source another case?  Plastic or leather.  I looked on the Hohner parts site but did not see one.

I like to wrap my harmonica in an instrument cloth, put it in a zippered pouch (pencils / tools) and then, into whatever tote I use for transport or, storage.   I find this provides great protection from shock,  the elements  and temperature changes.  The cloth serves as the initial barrier to the outside world and also is a personalized wipe for that particular harmonica, which regularly goes in the wash.   That's not something you cannot do with a fitted case.

- Hugo
Alejo

Offline SlideMeister

• Owner/Administrator
  • MonsterMeister
  • A.J. Fedor ><((((º>
    • A.J.'s mini-site
« Reply #91 on: September 05, 2020, 10:48:40 PM »
Danny G has some cases that are pretty good. I've been using his cases for a few years now and they look good and hold up great. I don't just wear them to conventions like most folks; I wear mine on my belt everyday. After three years, after opening and closing it thousands of times, I'm finally starting to notice a little wear on the zipper. Buy one! They're good looking, durable and a great value.

Offline Laina

• CONTRIBUTOR
  • Chrome-Meister
« Reply #92 on: September 11, 2020, 03:20:30 AM »
Kytary (based in Czech Rep.) has this on offer for £338. They told me the stock was direct from Hohner in Dec 2019. I've never bought from Kytary so can't comment on service but they quote a 3 year warranty. 
https://kytary.co.uk/hohner-meisterklasse-chromatic/HN118392/?s=xkJsjIEljrjDb03Tug9B2w%3d%3d

Offline Wendellfiddler

• Chrome-Meister
    • Gypsy Wranglers
« Reply #93 on: October 23, 2020, 11:12:48 AM »
Yes, I agree that Danny's cases are good.  I use them.  And there's this:  Scosche SoundKase DFC1X  (a nice, padded zipper case)

You can find it on-line from multiple sources.  I first saw it when Jim Lohman had his MK in one.  It fits the MK, Suzuki 56, and the CX-12 really well. 

Doug Tanner
Laissez Les Bon Temps Rollez

Offline Doug

• Chrome-Meister
« Reply #94 on: October 23, 2020, 03:32:14 PM »
Yes, I agree that Danny's cases are good.  I use them.  And there's this:  Scosche SoundKase DFC1X  (a nice, padded zipper case)

You can find it on-line from multiple sources.  I first saw it when Jim Lohman had his MK in one.  It fits the MK, Suzuki 56, and the CX-12 really well. 

Doug Tanner
Aaahhhhh, so you’re the guy who recommended the Scosche case, Mr. Tanner. On your recommendation years back I bought this case for my CX12 and it has lived in there ever happily ever since. I’ve carried it in a backpack with a bunch of stuff many times and it always comes out unscathed. It is a soft, lightly padded case though. Danny’s case takes more abuse, if you need it.
Every noble work is at first impossible. - Thomas Carlyle

Offline Wendellfiddler

• Chrome-Meister
    • Gypsy Wranglers
« Reply #95 on: October 23, 2020, 07:56:57 PM »
Haha, well as I said, you really have Jim Lohman to thank for that, rest his soul.   
That and some wonderful music he made. Wally P has a bunch of videos of him posted on his youtube page.  Easiest way to find them is probably to search for Jim Lohman.

doug t

Offline HUGO

• PRESIDENT'S CLUB
  • Chrome-Tributor
  • "Alejo"
« Reply #96 on: October 31, 2020, 03:19:55 PM »

Doug Tanner

Thanks for the tip Doug. I ordered a couple for my own MK, S-56, CX-12.

Hugo
Alejo

Offline Wendellfiddler

• Chrome-Meister
    • Gypsy Wranglers
« Reply #97 on: November 03, 2020, 04:58:29 PM »
A friend of mine leaves his new ones out in the air - open - for a while to out gas it.  I have not been compelled to do so myself, it didn't bother me.  But just so you know.  If it has an odor like new car smell that you don't like, it will dissipate after a while if you leave it out.

doug tanner

Offline Otter

• Chrome-Tributor
« Reply #98 on: November 15, 2020, 03:26:43 PM »
Regarding cases, I found a case branded AGPTEK that's sold as being for the Apple Pencil. A 16 hole Hohner is a snug fit, so it should be good for a 14 hole. They're a cloth covered zip up case with a semi rigid foam shell, and not too expensive on Amazon.

Offline HUGO

• PRESIDENT'S CLUB
  • Chrome-Tributor
  • "Alejo"
« Reply #99 on: August 29, 2022, 02:10:30 PM »
They sound very nice . They are airtight . Have a very smooth mouthpiece . The weight feels awesome . Are beautiful to look at . And come in a cool leather box . What's not to like .

When I recently re-auditioned my MK, after purchasing and playing some of its competitors, I came away with a new appreciation for my MK. I really can't add anything to Maynards' description except to say that; I now appreciate, more than ever, the "Meister Klasse tuning" as I've heard it called here on SM.

With its 14 hole "Meister Klasse tuning" design, you have the tunings of two harmonicas in one:
* Standard - "Solo tuning" (plus 2 additional low notes)
* "Orchestra" Tuning (plus 2 additional high notes. A term from Seydel Harmonicas)

Throw in an impossibly slick mouthpiece and Bob's your uncle!

What's not to like,, indeed!

- HUGO
Alejo

Offline SlideMeister

• Owner/Administrator
  • MonsterMeister
  • A.J. Fedor ><((((º>
    • A.J.'s mini-site
« Reply #100 on: August 29, 2022, 05:26:45 PM »
I have a special box for what I call my"primo axes." In that cigar humidor, live two Meisterkli and one stainless steel, Gardner'ized 270. Sure, there are other high end Chromatics out there, but these are fantastic, AND actually in my price range; one $200, another $50 and the other, nothin' ;D.

Offline Edward Brock

• MasterMeister
« Reply #101 on: August 30, 2022, 03:00:13 PM »
, but these are fantastic, AND actually in my price range; one $200, another $50 and the other, nothin' ;D.

No one can ever fault the Old SlideMeister of being snookered into over paying for a little Blow Toy.  ;D ;D

Offline SlideMeister

• Owner/Administrator
  • MonsterMeister
  • A.J. Fedor ><((((º>
    • A.J.'s mini-site
« Reply #102 on: August 30, 2022, 03:49:46 PM »
I actually wrote a $200 check for the first MK, and made the guy promise not to cash it for a few days while I stole some money somewhere to cover the check. That was more than twice what I ever paid for a harmonica in my life. (come to think of it; it still is ;D)

Offline HUGO

• PRESIDENT'S CLUB
  • Chrome-Tributor
  • "Alejo"
« Reply #103 on: October 02, 2023, 07:15:36 PM »
I actually wrote a $200 check for the first MK, and made the guy promise not to cash it for a few days while I stole some money somewhere to cover the check. That was more than twice what I ever paid for a harmonica in my life. (come to think of it; it still is ;D)

Age, I love that story! Few instruments have withstood the test of time like my Meisterklasse. So, likewise, I have no regrets.

- Alejo
Alejo

Offline Age

• A.J.Fedor
  • HELPER
  • Chrome-Tributor
  • A.J. Fedor ><((((º> (member since 9/1/22)
« Reply #104 on: October 02, 2023, 08:33:13 PM »
Crazier yet, that was 18 years ago and here she is tonight. Still gorgeous! 8)
Retired Champion Thread Starter 😎